Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

About Us

Group #2 here! We just wanted to take a few minutes and tell all our viewers out there a little bit about us. If you did not already know, our blog is going to be about Media and Politics. Overtime, our group will explore and investigate many themes, trends, theories, and structures surrounding the media and politics. We hope to find through this research the answer to one overarching question: What has more influence: media on politics? Or politics on the media? 


Now, for an introduction from each member:

 My name is Carly Grieff and I am a current sophomore here at Furman University majoring in Communications. I am from Naples, Florida where I have spent most of my life. Here at Furman I am a member of the Furman Dance Company and the Outdoors Club among other things. Mass communications and media interests me because of its wide ranging impact on the lives of everyone globally. Here in this blog, I will be focusing on the economic foundations of the media and politics. 

My name is Matthew Morris, I am a Sophomore Political Science, and Communications double major from Anderson, SC. I am involved with Student Government, Wesley Fellowship, Beta Theta Pi, Furman University Hall Staff, and the Poinsett Project. I hope to pursue a career related to political communication upon graduation. In the blog, I will be focus on the theories among media and politics.

My name is Jordan Sandwick. I am a senior political science major from Saratoga Springs, New York. I am twenty-two years old. I am especially interested in third world/developing countries and I am hoping to work with a non-profit disaster relief organization after I graduate. I am going to be focusing on media effects on politics in the blog.

My name is Taylor Smelt and I am a sophomore here at Furman University. My interests are in business and communications. I was born and raised in Tampa, FL. Apart from my rigorous academic schedule, I am FRAD (Freshman Advisor) on Housing Staff and am a member of the Greek community. In the future, I hope to be a successful business woman, ideally working with teams of people for the good of the company. I will be focusing on trends in media and politics in this blog!

My name is Mary Beth Summerall and I am also a sophomore at Furman University. I am an LA born-southern raised-yankee hailing from Philadelphia, PA. I am double majoring in Communications and French. I have a passion for urban studies and community service outside of the classroom, and like Matthew, I hope to pursue a career in political communication come graduation. I will be focusing on the purposes and functions of media in politics.

 
We hope that you will enjoy our blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment